The Washington Commanders will play nine home games in 2022, and Commanders.com will break down each matchup prior to the NFL Network broadcast on Thursday at 8 p.m. ET. The Philadelphia Eagles have all you need to know.
Series of the all-time
- The regular-season series is 87-82-6 in Washington’s favor.
- The only time Washington and Philadelphia met in the playoffs was in the wild card round of the 1990 season, when Washington won 20-6.
- Washington dominated the series in the early years, winning 15 of the first 17 games, including 11 in a row from 1937 through 1942.
- More than any other opponent, Washington has beaten Philadelphia.
- Philadelphia has been shut out eight times by Washington, the most recent being during the 1991 Super Bowl-winning season.
- Memorable moment: Jan. 1, 2006, when Washington beat Philadelphia 31-20 to finish the season on a five-game winning streak. In the fourth quarter, Sean Taylor secured the game with a fumble return for a touchdown.
Leaders of the team
- QB Jalen Hurts’ passing yards (3,144)
- Jalen Hurts’ passing touchdowns (16)
- Jalen Hurts, QB, Rushing Yards (784)
- QB Jalen Hurts scores rushing touchdowns (10)
- WR DeVonta Smith has the most receiving yards (916)
- WR DeVanta Smith has four touchdown receptions (5)
- LB Alex Singleton (tackle) (137)
- DT Javon Hargrave has four sacks (7.5)
- Interceptions — Darius Slay, cornerback (3)
Rankings of 2021
- 14th in total offense (359.9)
- 12th in scoring offensive (26.1)
- 25th in passing offense (200.2)
- 1st rushing offense (159.7)
- T-6th sacks allowed (31)
- Offense on third down — 4th (45.7 percent )
- 10th in total defense (328.8)
- 19th in scoring defense (22.6)
- 11th in pass defense (220.9)
- 9th in rush defense (107.9)
- Sacks — 31st (29)
- T-23rd third-down defense (42.9 percent )
- Possession date — 21st (29:45)
- T-16th turnover differential (0)