Engineer III, Software Development
Market Intelligence is seeking a Software Developer to create software design, development, and maintenance for data processing applications. This person would be part of a development team that manages and supports the internal & external applications that are supporting the business portfolio. This role expects a candidate to handle any data processing, and big data application development. We have teams made up of people that learn how to work effectively together while working with the larger group of developers on our platform.
S&P Global Market Intelligence, Islamabad, Pakistan
The Role: Senior Software Developer
Ability to work with and build a world-class Platform Engineering group. The highly technical hands-on role will help enhance team skills. Afterward, a fast-paced agile environment deals with huge volumes of data, so you’ll have an opportunity to sharpen your software development and data skills and work on an emerging technology stack. Work on Tier-1 applications that are on the critical path for the business. While Ability to work on cutting edge technologies such as Cloud AWS, and NIFI. Ability to grow within the organization that’s part of the global team.
- Design and development of applications for S&P Global Market Intelligence websites and their content systems.
- Participate in multiple software development processes including Coding, while Testing, and Debugging & Documentation.
- Achieve an understanding of customer environments and their use of the products.
- Work on new initiatives and support existing content applications.
- Perform Application & System Performance tuning and troubleshoot performance issues.
- Develop web-based applications and build rich front-end user interfaces.
- Build applications with object-oriented concepts and apply design patterns.
- Integrate in-house applications with various vendor software platforms.
- Set up development environment/sandbox for application development.
- Perform unit testing of application code and fix errors.
- Interface with databases to extract information and build reports.
- Effectively interact with customers, business users, and IT staff.
- 3+ years’ experience in application development, with a deep understanding of Design Patterns & Object-oriented programming.
- NET(C#) and SQL skills
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like SAFe, Test-driven development
- Proficiency in the development environment, including IDE, while web & application server, GIT, Continuous Integration, unit-testing tool, and defect management tools
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Must experience with Object-oriented Java scripts such as React JS, Angular JS, Ext-JS
- Experience with Big Data platforms such as Apache Hadoop and Apache Spark, NiFi
- Have experience with stream processing engines like Kafka etc.
- Expertise in building even driven scalable & resilient systems
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of information systems, business processes, the key drivers and measures of success while choosing the proper methodologies and policies to support broad business goals
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Experience working in cloud computing environments such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience in SnowFlake, Databricks
Equal Opportunity Employer
Furthermore S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, afterward marital status, military veteran status, while unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only
The EEO is the Law Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law. 20 – While professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 – Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings – (Strategic Workforce Planning)
Industry: Banking/Financial Services
Total Positions: 1 Post
Job Type: Full Time/Permanent
Job Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Gender: No Preference
Experience: Doesn’t Matter
Apply Before: Jul 01, 2022